Take a moment and play this game with me. Consider this list of social programs:
- Social Security
- Health care benefits
- Minimum Wage
- Financial Protection
- Unemployment benefits
1. If you want all of the above programs to be eliminated, leave this website now.
2. If you want two or more of the above programs to be eliminated, leave this website now.
3. If you want even one of the above programs to be eliminated, leave this website now.
4. If you consider all of the above programs to be part of the American social and economic fabric and to be essential to the present and future well-being of all Americans, DO SOMETHING.
The choices of what you can do with three weeks remaining until Election Day:
- Vote on Election Day. (certainly a good thing to do but hardlly enough)
- Get people you know to vote as you will on Election Day. (better)
- Make phone calls to people you do not know and tell them to vote, as you would want them to, on Election Day. (much better)
If this makes sense to you, email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
YWC!LI is conducting phone-banking efforts on behalf of two representatives, Rep.Carolyn McCarthy and Rep. Tim Bishop.
Together, they represent half the number of Democratic members of Congress on Long Island.
Let’s keep it that way.
Looking forward to hearing from you,