The Science, Legislation & Expanding Role of Individuals
Our environment is central to all the issues that confront us. There is much that each of us can and needs to do to make the world a better place to live—short- and long-term. We need to understand climate change better and come to recognize how it will impact our lives, the lives of our children and grandchildren, and generations beyond.
Expert Speakers & Exhibitors on:
- Causes and effects of climate change
- Status of federal and local legislation
- How to compete for high-paying “green” jobs
- How to advocate for solutions
- How to lower your carbon footprint & improve your home’s energy efficiency
- How to use solar and wind power in your home and get the best deals
- How to get LIPA subsidies and federal tax credits worth tens of thousands of dollars for installation of solar power
9 a.m. – 1 p.m., Saturday, March 20, The Metropolitan, 3 Pratt Blvd., Glen Cove, N.Y.
Registration, 9 a.m.; Program, 9:30 – 11:30 a.m.; Exclusive Exhibit Time, 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Through the generosity of anonymous donors committed to the goals of greater energy-efficiency and reliance upon renewable fuel sources, we are delighted to invite you to attend our Climate Change Conference at no cost.
Light refreshments and a free Going Green ‘tote bag’ for grocery shopping will be given to each participant.