Thanks to our membership’s continued support Yes We Can! Long Island is the independent, grassroots, progressive organization on Long Island representing your interests via advocacy and activity. We begin our third year looking to build upon what we have achieved so far. We are currently planning our March 20 Spring Conference.
We are asking you to stand with us by submitting your dues for 2010 and participating in our activities throughout the year.
Over the past year, we have accomplished much. Starting with our hugely successful founding convention last winter, we have worked to advance the vital issues of the day, such as healthcare reform and environmental quality. Our members have
- held our first convention focusing on 2009 goals at The Metropolitan in Glen Cove
- participated in cleaning up preserved areas along the Meadowbrook Parkway
- organized a counter-demonstration at a Tea Party rally in Merrick
- held petition drives in support of health care reform
- conducted a rally to support healthcare reform at the County Court House in Mineola
Our redesigned website and regular mailings have helped to keep you informed of matters of importance to progressive causes.
In the coming year, we will expand our agenda with new initiatives adding job creation/expansion and campaign finance reform to our priorities. Both issues rated ‘very important’ in our recent member survey. Please support YWC!LI efforts to continue and to expand our resources and activities by renewing your membership today.
Our first major event will be our Going Green—Climate Change Conference, Saturday, March 20, once again at The Metropolitan in Glen Cove . Together we will explore the science and legislative issues central to climate change and engage participants in ways to ‘go green’. Look for announcements of our speakers—environmentalists who are leading major efforts involving sustainable energy. Vendors of ‘green’ and sustainable energy products and services will have booths set up to address questions of conference participants.
As a dues-paying member, you will be able to participate in our events throughout the year at no additional expense. We have begun to explore conducting job and health fairs and a major event focusing on campaign finance reform at which we will collaborate with national organizations who share our commitment to CFR.
- Annual dues are $20 for the year–$25 for family membership–and include admission to all of our organization’s activities including the upcoming Going Green– Climate Change Conference. Pre-register for for this conference at our website by clicking here.
Please start or renew your membership now. Send a check or money order for $20 ($25 family), payable to Yes We Can! Long Island, c/o Paul Tusa, Treasurer, 1818 Bellmore Ave, Bellmore, NY 11710
- For those who choose to only attend our conference on March 20, the cost will be $10 ($15 family). Payment can be made cash, check, or credit card on March 20. Pre-register for this conference at our website by clicking here.
Our organization’s goal continues to be able to raise sufficient funds to provide events and resources throughout the year without seeking additional contributions from membership. Your continued support is greatly appreciated.
The Board of Yes We Can! Long Island
Yes We Can! Long Island is a registered PAC. Contributions to YWC!LI are not tax-deductible.